Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Revealers Keeping Quiet

Novel connection. When Richie punches Russell in the face, his mother wants to call the principal, however, Russell wants to keep quiet about the whole incident. Russell’s mom’s response was, “I’m not doing nothing. If one adult did this to another, he be in jail. Why should it be different for kids?” (p. 45)

Blog Question: Should kids solve their own problems or should adults/parents get involved? Explain.

I think that it depends, kids sometimes might have problems with grades or things like that and in that case they probably need to go to a teacher or to a parent to solve their problems. A other case it that maybe a kid is having some friend problems, and his or her friends are starting not to like the person anymore, then its really up to the kid to solve that kind of problem(pg. 9-10)
Even though with that kind of problem though, it can get very serious. People can start doing very bad things to each other and start pushing each other around as if they didn't care. in that case an adult definitely needs to get involved.

PEACE!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you showed 2 sides of the story and I also like the quotes you put in.

    ReplyDelete